Soft tissue surgery includes procedures relating to the internal organs, skin and muscle.
- Foreign Body
Nasel wedge resection
Soft pallet resection
Whether you are a breeder or have an accidental litter, you might be faced with the need for a Cesarean section (C-section). There are many reasons that female pets require a C-section, ranging from a narrow birth canal to an awkward positioning of the litter. In some cases, a C-section can save the mother and litter’s lives. The skilled veterinarians at Vegreville Veterinary Clinic offer our patients scheduled and emergency Cesarean section services.
Reasons for a Cesarean section:
- Fetal distress.
- Irregularity of a particular breed, namely size or shape of newborn.
- Litter consists of a single offspring.
- Litter is in awkward position and cesarean section might be necessary to save litter.
- Mother is having difficulty with natural birthing, and C-section becomes necessary.
- Mother’s pelvic shape or size.
- Perineal urethrostomy
- Scrotal urethrostomy
- Cryptorchid surgery
- Cystotomy (bladder stone removal)