Dental health is a very important part of your pet’s overall health, and dental problems can cause, or be caused by, other health problems. Your pet’s teeth and gums should be checked at least once a year at the Vegreville Veterinary Clinic to check for early signs of a problem and to keep your pet’s mouth healthy.
Toothbrushing and Dental Prophylaxis in Cats and Dogs
Dental services provided by Vegreville Veterinary Clinic include:
- Full mouth dental exam
- Dental x-rays
- Dental cleaning and prophylaxis
- Crown Restorations
Reasons to keep your pet’s mouth healthy (Pet Health Network, IDEXX):
- A pet with healthy teeth equals a pet with better breath!
- Dental disease can actually lead to problems with your pet’s organs, such as the heart.
- Retained baby teeth can cause problems in pets too! Did you know that full grown dogs have 42 teeth and full-grown cats have 30 teeth? Before their adult teeth grow in, though, their baby teeth have to fall out. Sometimes, not all of the baby teeth want to come out. This can lead to problems like gum irritation and tartar buildup.
- Caring for your pet’s teeth can prevent other health problems, saving you money over the long term!
- You need regular dental care and you brush your teeth everyday – why wouldn’t your pets? Your veterinarian can help you learn to brush your dog’s teeth and your cat’s teeth.
- Did you know that 4 out of 5 dogs over the age of 3 years have some sort of periodontal disease? It can be caused by the buildup of plaque, so it’s important to go in for regular dental checkups and cleanings.
- Pets that don’t get dental care can painfully lose their teeth – this can be terribly painful and cause serious health problems.
- Your dog and cat are very good at hiding pain – you might never know that your pet has a serious dental problem until it’s very advanced. This is yet another reason it’s important to take your pet in for regular dental checkups.
OUR CLINIC HOURS
|Monday – Thursday||8:00 – 17:00|
|Friday||8:00 – 16:00|
|Saturday & Sunday||CLOSED|
Our family has two beagles, and we have been clients at the Vegreville Veterinary Clinic for five years. All the members of their team are so dedicated and compassionate. One of our beagles had a ripped stitch following a dental procedure. The dog’s mouth was bleeding a fair bit, but it was Sunday and we didn’t know what to do. We contacted the Clinic and the veterinarian repaired the stitch that night! They are always there when our animals need them!
We have always had dogs in our family, and currently have a Shih Tzu and a Terrier. Years ago, we had to put one of our dogs down. This was such a difficult time for us, but the veterinarian at Vegreville Veterinary Clinic made things so much easier for us during this tough time. We have great things to say about Vegreville Veterinary Clinic and their compassionate team!
Garry B. (Jade b/w and Izzy b)
We have three rescue dogs in our family, and have been going to Vegreville Veterinary Clinic for about 15 years. They offer phenomenal services and always go “above and beyond”. The team is so personable, and they treat our animals like their own. Our dogs really like going to the Clinic!
We have dogs and cats and have been going to Vegreville Veterinary Clinic for close to 25 years. One of our Springer Spaniels, Cinder, just passed away. The team at the clinic were so caring and compassionate. They are like family to us, and they have always offered great advice over the years.